What to expect from greentech in 2009
This column is Ontario-centric, but if you’re interested I list the Top 10 headline-makers that are likely for 2009. Here’s a quick look at the list:
- Obama’s “green stimulus” plan.
- Greentech VC funding survives downturn.
- Peak oil talk goes mainstream.
- Ontario Green Energy Act.
- Offshore wind on the Great Lakes.
- Plug-in vehicles justify auto bailout.
- Smart grid and smart storage.
- Power demand down, nuke costs up.
- Time-of-use, smart meters go live.
- Conservation programs hit their stride.